Saturday, February 12, 2005

RIP Kabuki

I took Kabuki to the vet yesterday for the last time. She was calm and sat patiently in her carrier while I petted her head. When the time came, the vet took her out of the carrier, shaved a bit of her front paw, and gave her a shot. Kabuki was purring as she laid down. A few seconds later, she was gone.

Her ghost still walks around our house. I still see her when I go in the kitchen. I still hear her at night. She still sits on my lap and purrs while I type on the computer.

Kabuki (February 14, 1997 - February 11, 2005)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Kabuki was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. I just recently lost my cat Rita to liver cancer so I understand your heartbreak.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Scrivener said...

So sorry for your loss. I don't want to think at all about how we'll deal when our cats go too.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren D. McKinney said...

You'd better update this if you are going to comment on my blog, dear.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home